Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rihanna Mac Collection June 2013

MAC RIHANNA COLLECTION 
JUNE SUMMER COLLECTION

THIS WAS THE WHOLE COLLECTION THAT CAME OUT 
 This collection couldn't have come out any sooner. I was in dire need of a gorgeous matte red lipstick for an event & didn't want to cave in to buy Ruby Woo. Thank heavens i waited!!! . Ever since MAC released the RIRI WOO lipstick back in april/may, i've been dying to get it. So as soon as i saw the release i got on to the mac website and tried to get my products for three long hours. It was a struggle, but so glad of the end result. :) 
I ordered three of the five items she had released. I got two of the lipsticks and the blush/bronzer duo. I wasn't to hyped about the riri boy lipstick or the luster drops. They didn't appeal to me nor did i think it would go well with my skin complexion. 


THESE WERE THE ITEMS I BOUGHT :) 

RIRI WOO MATTE LIPSTICK $15.00

MATTE - RIRIWOO LABEL
SWATCH OF RIRI WOO

I LOVE this matte red lip. It has shades of blue undertones, which helps make your teeth look white. As well the color has a long lasting staying power. This is definitely a must have in your make up drawer. I don't own the ruby woo, so i don't know how it compares, but from reading up on it, under the impression that it is spot on. I must advise though, it can be a bit drying so definitely make sure to moisturize before applying.
HEAUX MATTE LIPSTICK $15.00                                                     

SWATCH OF HEAUX 
RETRO MATTE HEAUX LABEL

At first when i saw Heaux lipstick i was afraid it may have been a dupe for REBEL by MAC. So i had to immediately swatch it side by side. Luckily i was wrong. Rebel definitely has darker purple tones, whereas beaux is on the burgundy fuchsia side. The color is very vibrant and long lasting as well. To prevent it from bleeding i suggest applying cherry by mac lipliner before hand. As well, since it is a matte lipstick, it has been leaving my lips dry. I suggest moisturizing before applying.
HIBISCUS KISS BLUSH & BRONZER DUO $26.00

HIBISCUS KISS LABEL
SWATCH OF HIBISCUS KISS 
I wasn't originally planning on getting this blush/bronzer duo. I was afraid it would not show up on my skin tone. However because MAC's system was all sorts of crazy the day it was released, it ended up in my bag and i couldn't get rid of it. Since i HAD to HAVE the RIRI Woo lipstick, i just ended up getting it anyways.
This blush and bronzer duo is on the contrary very beautiful on darker skin toned ladies. I swirled my stippling brush into the bronzer and blush together and applied it to my cheeks. The color was like a rose gold. It was as if i had been sun kissed. I just absolutely loved the glow it left me. I did try to use it separately as a bronzer and blush. However the colors weren't doing it for me. Im just going to stick with mixing the two colors.









No comments:

Post a Comment